My career goal was always to have a small private practice serving real people, helping them solve real problems. Over the years I have created an environment where I can serve clients my way: with excellence, imagination and compassion. After all these years, I’m still excited to come to work in the morning. I love what I do.
My partner, attorney Wayne Sprague, and I bring our cats Boris and Natasha Badenov to work each day – therapy cats for the clients, staff and attorneys. We work hard to make sure the we find the best possible outcomes for clients who find themselves in frightening and unfamiliar situations. We enjoy helping our clients develop a picture of a better way of living on the other side of the current legal challenge. Over the past 25 years, I have helped thousands of clients work through legal challenges and find a better life on the other side.
I like to think Aunt Bert would be proud.
Areas of Practice
- Chapter 7 and 13 Consumer Bankruptcy
- Home Foreclosure Help: Saving Your Home
- Estate Planning
- Probate Administration
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy, American Board of Certification
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. - 1986
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- B.A. - 1975
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Sections on Business and Small Practice Management, Member
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2000 to 2003
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, President, 2001 to 2002
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, Secretary, 2002 to 2003